- EvelynFull-time IndieDev.I'm Japanese, so please forgive me if my English is strange.
Hi! I'm Evelyn.
I run a Youtube channel as well as developing games and apps on my own.
I'm sure many people have these problems.
It is said that only about 12% of the accounts that post videos have more than 1000 subscribers.
I was able to reach 1000 subscribers in 10 months after I started posting videos.
I'd like to share with you what I've learned in breaking the 1000 subscriber mark.
Table of Contents
Do your research and find your strengths
The first and most important thing is to select the genre of your Youtube channel.
If you choose a genre that is related to your past experience or work, it will be easier to keep sending out information.
Then, focus on the good as well as the bad points of the rival channels and try to improve those points in your own channel.
- Since I am developing in Unity, I decided to make a Youtube channel about Unity!
- Many of the other game development videos were unnecessarily long, so I decided to upload a video that could be completed in 10 minutes or less.
- There weren't many channels that used avatars to teach, so we decided to structure it as a 3D model character teaching game development.
Delivering useful information
In order to get people to subscribe to your channel, you have to make your video viewers feel valued.
In this regard, I think it is a good idea to work on educational video content.
Here are some reasons why I think so.
- There are too many competitors for entertainment videos such as live game.
- MEducational videos are more likely to be viewed through search and are also more likely to be subscribed to.
And last but not least, the most important thing is to keep posting videos.
At times, you may feel like your heart is failing you because you don't see any results.
But you must keep going.
It's not every day that your life changes dramatically.
You will reach success through a series of steady actions.
If you ever feel like you are falling apart, please come back to this blog post and read this message.
What did you think?
If you are successful with your Youtube channel, please let me know.
- Research and find the strengths of your channel.
- Make it an educational video to make it easier for people to watch from search.
- Keep posting videos even when you feel like your heart is failing.
Thank you for reading to the end.
I hope this article has been useful for your Youtube activities.